21 januar 2009

C.S.Lewis

Jeg leste en biografi om C.S.Lewis i går. For en fascinerende mann!
To sitater/utdrag jeg likte ekstra godt:


“if there’s anyone who can appear before Aslan without their knees knocking, they’re either braver than most or else just silly.”

“Then he isn’t safe?” said Lucy.

“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver. “Don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you."


--The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe


What do people mean when they say, I am not afraid of God because I know He is good?
Have they never been to a dentist?

--C.S.Lewis

4 kommentarer:

ina sa...

veldig gode utdrag. hm. :)

Ragnhild sa...

Rektigt!!

joanna kraenzlin sa...

this is powerful theresa. how is my timmmmone friend today? think i need to learn some norweeeeeeegean so i can read more of your thoughts eh? c: i hope youre wearing your yellow coat today..it makes me happy. love! jo

joanna kraenzlin sa...

Rektigt!..ya...what she said. AND: veldig gode utdrag..aha. yup